LABEL ME

Oh the weather outsides been frightful
But the fire's have been delightful
And while I've had no place to go
I've let it go, let it go, let it go!
My organizing, that is! I hate when people label my method of organization as mildly obsessive-compulsive, but must admit a messy cabinet is as frustrating to me as a Republican in office. While the snow fell this winter so did jackets, scarves, sweaters and gloves all over our house. As spring arrives so does the chore of organizing our mess so guests don't judge us or, God forbid, label us as dirty and disorganized! While I try not to judge anyone, I don't understand why people can't take the time to get organized. A cluttered house, I think, creates a cluttered mind...no wonder why I've been such a nutball this winter! I start in my hall closets where I label everything. I organize by sheet sets, beach towels, bath towels and blankets. Bathroom items are placed in plastic drawers from Target and labeled "shower items" and include the 5,000 things I've stolen from hotels (don't judge me), "back stock product" are extras of everything I've purchased from toothpaste to deodorant. Once I use the back stock I know it's time to purchase more. This morning, realizing I was low on toothpaste and labels,I popped over to Target where I overheard a woman talking about her forthcoming bridal shower. She was concerned about keeping track of the gifts and gift-givers for thank-you notes. Putting aside my fear of being labeled a freak for butting in, I offered some advice...purchase colored labels and while opening gifts have a friend jot down the name of the giver and stick it on the box. No horrible penmanship to decipher, no notebook to lose means less stress before her I-do's!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Labeling: no time. Sending thank-yous: Forever
COST: $2.99 for pack of 200 labels
STRESS LEVEL: Embracing my inner clean-freak: LOW

Popular Posts