GO GREEN!

As I looked out our kitchen window this morning the only green I saw was draped over the bus driver zipping down the street...one of the largest four leaf clover t-shirts I've ever seen! Joe warned me New York winters were long, but I assumed by the time the ides of March rolled around I'd start seeing a little green on the scene. No such luck! So, I decided to spring into action by creating our own whimsical kitchen garden.
WITH A LITTLE LUCK, YOU'LL SAVE A BUCK!
Creating your own kitchen garden is incredibly easy and can be a fun activity for kids. I did a little leprechaun dance over to the Home Depot where I picked up a few clay pots, pouches of seeds (Basil, Thyme, Oregano, etc.) and a little chalkboard paint with out dropping a lot of green. Wait? Paint? Yep...swipe just a little chalkboard paint on the rim of your clay pot, write the name of the plant and place them where it's hot!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Not too much thyme: Five minutes
COST: Chalkboard paint at the Home Depot: $6.99 Clay pots $2.99/each
STRESS LEVEL: Saving green while going green: LOW

Popular Posts