WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU?


I never understood the UPS ad slogan, "What can brown do for you" until I saw the color on our kitchen floors. Friday night turned out to be a scary Halloween for us when we headed to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner and noticed the same turquoise from our kitchen floors decorating every surface of the restaurant...from the walls to the floors to the pinatas hanging overhead, the color was EVERYWHERE! Don't get me wrong, I love turquoise...I have a collection of turquoise bowls, I buy my mother turquoise jewelry all the time and, on occasion, I've been known to wear turquoise, but as much as I love it, I hate it on floors! While we have big plans for our small kitchen (including restoring the wood floors) for now we needed a quick, easy, inexpensive solution to hide the green and make it clean! No longer green with envy, our new floors are soothing, sophisticated and CLEAN.
MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU:
Because we don't have the time to sand and restore the floors now, we opted for the quick solution of painting over the turquoise to clean it up and protect it from the holiday crowds. We purchased a gallon of semi-gloss floor and porch paint and a gallon of polyurethane to seal it (makes it easier to clean, more resistant to scratches and scuffs and adds a nice shine). We did some light sanding, vacuumed up the mess and painted two coats of brown, two coats of Poly and oh my golly does it ever look better!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 4 hours
COST: $60.00 (1 gallon Semi-Gloss Porch/Floor paint & 1 gallon polyurethane)
STRESS LEVEL: Brown does it for us: LOW

Popular Posts