WORLD VIEW


While many people turn to newspapers and magazines to stay informed and to understand the world, certain members of our family simply peek out the window to get a clear view of theirs. No, they can't see Russia from our backyard but on occasion they've felt threatened by passing turkey, deer, coyote and the cat. Last night as Katie Couric questioned Sarah Palin's views, the representatives of our house ran to the front door to check out theirs. Unfortunately, our views aren't terribly clear these days...thanks to wet noses and warm breath! So, to make a difference in the way we view our world, I attacked the problem one window at a time.
ESTABLISH YOUR VIEW:
To prepare a clients house for the market this week, I hired a window washer to clean things up a bit. At $25 a window, I decided it would be best to wash ours myself, especially in these tough economic times. What was his secret for the perfect window? Mix 1 tablespoon dishwasher powder in a gallon of hot water. Wet the window with a sponge and squeegee it. While I'm not one to judge, I did notice a few streaks so suggested one of my tricks...newspaper..and in our home we have many! So, I ran home, grabbed the New York Times and in no time at all had clear views from every room! (bunch up the newspaper to wipe down the windows instead of paper towels..no streaks, no mess!)
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 2 hours
COST: Nothing
STRESS LEVEL: Clear Views: LOW

Popular Posts