YES YOU CAN!

This weekend, like many, found me roaming the aisles of Target in search of bargains. On a quick pass through the holiday aisle I overheard a couple bickering about the frivolous purchase of Halloween decorations. He thought they were a ridiculous waste, she just wanted the same things her neighbors had. While he wanted to control her spending, she just wanted the right to bare arms (in this case, the arms of a tacky inflatable ghost she wanted on her front porch). While that wouldn't be my choice, I secretly wanted her to win. So, like any good neighbor (I have no idea where she lives) I slowly walked by the couple, cellphone in hand, and made a fake phone call to my friend Lora: "Hey Lora, your closet designer here...I have a great idea for your Halloween Fashion party..why not purchase these great, inexpensive inflatable ghosts at Target and put them all over your living room, like scary guests..." The woman turned to her husband and whispered, "what a great idea!" While I didn't purchase any inflatable toys, I did come up with an interesting idea for our front porch...
DO THE CAN-CAN:
Instead of tossing out your soup cans, peel off the labels, clean them thoroughly and poke holes in them to make interesting, spooky Halloween faces. Spray paint them fun Fall colors and drop a tea light in them. Use them on your front porch, your dining room table as a centerpiece or in your bathroom as a fun accent piece for the holiday. If someone doubts you, show them you can!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 1 hour
COST: Cans: Free, Spray Paint: $3.99/can
STRESS LEVEL: Feeling liberated because I know I can do it: LOW

Popular Posts