SAVINGS ACCOUNT

As I walked away from the television last night while CNN was buzzing about our falling market, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. Focused, like most, on saving as much as possible in these unsteady times I headed to Target this weekend and purchased CFL light bulbs (Compact Florescent Lights) to save a little where we need a lot. Taking into account the amount of lights we use on a daily basis, I knew we had to tighten things up a bit. CFL's are proven to save at least $56 per year per bulb (depending on wattage). While the initial investment might cost a bit more than less expensive bulbs, the savings is well worth it...and I love the light it casts at the end of our hall!

TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes

COST: $6.88 for pack of 4 bulbs (visit www.homedepot.com for the top ten ways to save money by lowering your electric bill...we've already done a few so we can start saving!)

STRESS LEVEL: Saving Money with little energy: LOW

Popular Posts