GLITTERAZZI

As little girls across the country search for the perfect Witch costume for Halloween, many of Hollywood's Witches are shopping for the perfect dress to wear down the red carpet Sunday night. As we prepare for Fall, the stars hope not to fall as they strut their stuff, bejeweled and bedazzled, in front of the flashing bulbs of the paparazzi at the Emmy's this weekend. As tinsel town's starlets prepare for their favorite show of Fall, I've begun preparations for my favorite time of year. If I knew it would survive through the holidays, I'd put up the Christmas tree now, but pumpkins will have to do! With a little glitz and glitter, even the fattest pumpkin can look glamorous!
BE DAZZLED:
Joe thinks I'm crazy for purchasing pumpkins in September (wait until he hears my plans for the Christmas decorations!) but these will actually last for months and serve as great decorations for Halloween, centerpieces for Thanksgiving and accent pieces for Christmas. He'll see the method to my madness eventually. So, here's how to get glitzy with it: I headed to Michael's craft stores (my eye twitches at the thought of these places and all the women walking around in cat sweaters, but it's a great place to pick up inexpensive glues, paint brushes and glitter.) With a paintbrush, spread a layer of white glue over the surface of the pumpkin. Hold the pumpkin over a plate and sprinkle glitter over the surface (penny, persimmon, orange and pink champagne were used above).
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Thirty minutes
COST: Pumpkins $2.00/each Glitter $3.50 Glue $2.95
STRESS LEVEL: LOW


Popular Posts