LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL




My first job on the east coast has found me in a New York state of mind. I've been hired to help my clients organize the house they've lived in for twenty years, remove the clutter, stage it for the real estate market and pack for a new home in Florida. I knew it was going to be a challenge when I knocked on the front door (top photo) and the homeowners greeted me by peeking out the front window. Twenty years of living had found its way to the front door..and never left. Real Estate 101, especially in this market, says first impressions mean everything. To lure people in, we had to get them in through the front door! While Billy Joel's New York State of Mind suggests hopping a flight to Miami Beach or Hollywood, I knew I had to roll up my sleeves and dive in. The clock is ticking, Florida is waiting and we've got to sell this house...I've promised them there is, indeed, a light at the end of the tunnel! What better place to start than at the front door!
SETTING THE STAGE:
When facing a task like this start by assembling piles for Charity, garbage, storage and "to keep". Don't look at the entire project, instead dissect it and look at it's tiny parts...like the foyer, in this example. It's a 3,000 square foot home and we've got a lot of work to do but once you see progress it makes it easier to attack the bigger project..room by room.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 1 hour
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: Clear Exit LOW

Popular Posts