IF YOUR SHEET STINKS...


It happens. You soak it, you scrub it, you rinse it with the best soap on the market but it still stinks. Don't fear...chances are your neighbors sheet stinks too! My dear friend Majken emailed me yesterday from her home in Southern Sweden in secret desperation..."I just pulled my clean guest sheets out of an even cleaner closet and they smell like crap. What do I do?" Chances are no matter how clean your sheets or linen closet are, after time everything can smell stale and mildewy. I have a couple of ways I deal with our stinky sheets:
TAKE TIME TO GIVE A SHEET!
1.) While I don't use fabric softener on my sheets or towels in the dry cycle (harsh chemicals can ruin the fabric) I do use the fabric sheets in many applications: I'll place them in between my folded sheets in the linen closet..instead of tumbling around in a hot dryer for 45 minutes, they spend time in the closet where the scent lingers for weeks. Also, nothing to do with our stinky sheet problem, I place bounce or downy sheets in smelly sneakers to get rid of the odor after a long run.
2.) One of my favorite Accessories at Bed Bath and Beyond are the FRESH SCENT sashay bags (they come in bundles of six and are usually near the towels or checkout counters). I place them in sock drawers, linen closets, etc. They tend to last up to six months and leave everything smelling fresh and clean. My favorite: Vanilla.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten Minutes
COST: $5.99/pack of six
STRESS LEVEL: My Sheet Don't Stink! LOW

Popular Posts