FENNEL VISION


I used to hate eating vegetables. Like many kids, I'd wait until my mother left the dining room and spit whatever it was into my napkin or feed it to our dogs under the table. I didn't see the value in eating anything that wasn't sprinkled with sugar or dipped in chocolate. Now, I see the importance of adding a little green to your diet. One of my favorites today; Fennel. The vegetable, with a licorice-like flavor and aroma, is delicious, healthy ( the syrup prepared from Fennel juice was formerly given for chronic coughs) and easy to prepare. Last night Joe made steaks with baked Fennel. A true vision!
EAT YOUR VEGGIES:
1.) Purchase Fennel at your grocery store. It's often mislabeled for "anise." Don't be fooled..not the same thing!
2.) Heat oven to 400 degrees.
3.) Chop Fennel, place in baking pan with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
4.) Bake for eight minutes. Enjoy.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 12 minutes
COST: $5.00
STRESS LEVEL: Eating healthy, Delicious food: LOW

Popular Posts