IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK



WHY GO TO THE MALL WHEN YOU CAN DRYWALL?

One of the many things I have to thank my Mother for is my ability to multi-task (or, as most call it, Attention Deficit/Hyper-Active Disorder). The misconception is that those with ADHD can't focus on anything or, more importantly, can't finish any ONE thing. The truth: who knows? Like my Mother, I can balance twenty things at once. Today, heading out the door to pick up a birthday gift for my brother, I passed through our den (still in need of a little TLC after the house was jacked up to pour a new foundation to support the addition upstairs...more on that...MUCH more on that, later) I felt wind blowing through cracks in the wall...INTERIOR WALLS..and decided it was time to button that up. Joe and I spent some time last weekend making our "To Do" list on the house which included drywalling the den (this is a good idea, by the way, for any home project..make a list so you can see the scope of the project on paper!). I thought, however, that I'd tackle this one and surprise Joe with my new found grip on construction. So, I put down my man-purse and picked up a drill and a piece of drywall.

HERE'S WHAT I DID:
1.) measured the open gaps between the existing wall and new plywood where we'd need to place the drywall.
2.) I drew the pattern on the BACK of the piece of drywall and with box cutter, sliced away.
3.) Once put into position, I used drywall screws and placed them every two feet.
4.) Final step: place drywall tape (I'm sure it's called something fancy but any guy at the home improvement store will know what you're talking about) on the seams.

TIME TO COMPLETE PROJECT: 1 hour
COST: $25/drywall $5/tape
STRESS LEVEL: Zero for project but now I'm late buying my brother's gift!

Popular Posts